On rare occasions though, I come across a book that when I close the last page I think, "Dang, I wish I would have wrote that." Here are a few books I wish I could claim for my own.
1. House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros
2. Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
3. Finn by Jon Clinch
4. At Home in the World by Joyce Maynard
5. The Guernsey Literary Potato Peel Society by Mary Ann Shaffer & Annie Barrows
6. The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison
7. Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller
8. The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin
9. Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day by Zoe Francois and Mark Luinenburg
10. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
The best part about a good story? You get to tell others, so they can experience it for themselves. If you haven't read the books above, or baked bread from the number nine recommendation, add them to your list. I'm also ready for your recommendations, my friends. Go ahead. Give 'em to me.