I stopped walking outdoors, which keeps me totally sane and physically healthy, because it was just too hot. I got behind on housework and laundry, too. No energy, you see. I also lost my patience completely right before July 4 and never got it back, but it's because I have boys and they're crazy. I've been swamped with work stuff, personal stuff and then a whole bag of "other" stuff. When you're life is this full, who has time to write and reflect?
Tonight, I walked for an hour at the Nature Center. While soaking up the beauty and putting my feet into action, it's like all those nonsensical excuses just poured out of my soul. The world came back into focus. It was quiet and quick, but it made me teary just the same. I also made a few resolutions, starting this evening, to ensure my summer of excuses doesn't turn into the story of my life.
1. Walk outside everyday. Nature heals many things.
2. Blog weekly. It doesn't have to be profound or lengthy, it just has to be real.
3. Snuggle with my kids more.
4. Cut out white sugar. It's crack that makes me fat.
5. Nurture the relationships around me.
6. Find a few moments of quiet time in my day to meditate, pray or reflect on what is real.
8. Lighten up. My life isn't a dress rehearsal, but it can still be a good time.
9. Stay hopeful.
10. Try one new adventure each month. Be open to asking others to join me.
I'm back, my friends. No more filling my belly and mind with excuses. We make our life what it is and I'm thankful for that. I've already got my alarm set to walk outside tomorrow morning. What will you be doing?