I do have a favorite. I don't want to offend other genres of music, but I love the acoustic singer-songwriter best. Piano or guitar, I don't really care, just bring me those touching lyrics and one strong voice to deliver the message. I'm in. Every.....single......time. I even scour NPR's World Cafe, or search itunes for long amounts of time, to find the next great song that sings to my soul. I download it, and then listen to it to over and over and over until it sinks right into the fiber of my being.
My husband calls this crazy. I just call it good music. It changes the mood of my life, simply by turning it on and turning it up, and I embrace it whole heartily. I can't imagine a world without music. For all you kindred spirits out there, I'm posting my last few downloads that I'm digging right now. I hope you will give them a listen. Even better, how about dropping me a line about what's moving your soul in music these days? I would love take a listen.
1. "Turning Tables" by Adele
2. "The Way It Will Be" by Gillian Welch
3. "Like Rock and Roll and Radio" by Ray LaMontagne
4. "My Girl Tonight" by Jon McLaughlin
5. "Room with a View" by Tina Dico
6. "Manifesto No. 1" by Shooter Jennings (careful now!)
7. "Hey Little Mama" by Frazey Ford
8. "Good Biscuits" by Memphis Minnie
9. "Where I Stood" by Missy Higgins
10. "Little Sparrow" by Audra Mae